Without question, when the skin around the eyes starts to sag and wrinkles start to show up, it can definitely take a toll on a person’s appearance. These skin imperfections surely make a person look older. Although there are many brands of eye creams sold in the market these days that claim to be good at dealing with these imperfections, the truth of the matter is that eye bags and eye wrinkles are inevitable because they are part of the aging process. Here are some of the things that you need to know about eye bags, eye wrinkles, and eye creams:
- The skin around the eyes is ten times thinner as compared to the skin of the other parts of the body. This is the reason why it is very delicate.
- The skin around the eyes is also one of the most overworked because of the blinking of the eyes. Apart from the fact that it is thin and overworked, the skin around the eyes is most prone to wrinkling because of the movement of the skin when a person laughs, eats, or frowns.
- There are many brands of eye cream in the market. Some people think that these eye creams can eradicate the eye bags and wrinkles. However, the truth of the matter is that these eye creams are never meant to make eye bags and wrinkles disappear. What they actually do is improve the appearance of these beauty issues.
- The efficacy of an eye cream is dependent on the ingredients that it has. Some of the really popular eye cream ingredients are retinol and neuropeptides.
- Retinol is derived from Vitamin A. It is responsible for encouraging the skin to produce more collagen. When the skin produces more collagen, it becomes firmer and more elastic. This results to a smoother skin. When the skin is smoother, the fine lines and the eye bags become less visible.
- Neuropeptides are just like retinol. However, apart from encouraging the skin to produce more collagen, it also promotes the production of elastin.
- Vitamins C and E are also common ingredients for an eye cream. These two have always been esteemed in terms of the wonders that they do to the skin.
- Even the pricey BOTOX cannot deliver permanent results in terms of eradicating the eye bags and the fine lines. As already mentioned, eye bags and wrinkles are parts of the aging process. Hence, everybody will have them as long they continue to age. The only way to avoid them is to die young.
While it is true that eye creams cannot remove eye bags, dark circles, and wrinkles, they can definitely delay the appearance of these signs of aging. Hence, while you are still young, it would be of great advantage if you start using these creams. And, of course, you need to avoid the things that can speed up their appearance such as smoking, drinking too much alcohol, and staying up late at night.